Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 26, 2013

After all that's happened in the past month and a half, I'm not sure I am ever going to catch up with project life 365 and their word a day. I guess I'll just wing it and make a commitment to post once a day if I can. I may use their words as inspiration.

 An update: I am home from the hospital, came home on Sunday afternoon. I was there from Friday onward. Apparently, the hernia sergery kicked off an episode of blood clots, which I had never had before. I did come home from surgery on oxygen (a hint maybe that something was wrong), and about 10-11 days after surgery I started being very short of breath in the afternoons. Oxygen level was staying up because of being on oxygen. At the post op with the surgeon, I mentoned the shortness of breath, and she said to get to the primary care doctor now, because it could be pneumonia or blood clots. With Jim dying during this couple of weeks and John back in the hospital, I figured it would be the worst. When we called primary care, they said go straight to urgent care, and that doctor listened to what was going on in my family, and took blood (lots), xrays and a ct scan, which showed clots in both lungs. No wonder I couldn't breathe!

 I got an ambulance ride (about 5 miles long) to the hospital, went directly to a room, and there I sat until Sunday. An ultrasound showed no clots in my legs (a relief).

 My poor husband. His wife was in the hospital, he had dogs and horses to feed, and we were getting our first spring blizzard, and an 80 mile round trip.

 Ed already had vacation scheduled and Cordelia was on spring break, so they drove down on Monday. Rachel has been a huge help, I am so lucky to have her.

 Also, they brought a toy for Rosie. His name is Wyatt.



After a morning of playing with Wyatt, Rosie is totally worn out!!



No comments: