I should be painting. It's amazing the things I can find to do to avoid that activity. And it's not that I don't enjoy painting, it's something else.
So, today, what did I do?
1. Went to Serrano's for hot chocolate and a newspaper, which I came home and read completely.
2. Chopped firewood. Actually I used my chain saw to cut up 4 logs, and trim off the slash.
3. Cleaned up more of the dog yard.
4. Mowed the side yard and the back yard.....again.
5. Swept the patio and rearranged the tables and chairs.
6. Swept the walkway thru the garage into the house.
7. And then, I cleaned all the kids' stuff in the living room, built the $15 bookcase I got from Target for the closet, and rearranged all the stuff from one bookcase to two. I sorted crayons, pencils, paints, paper, brushes, scissors and glue also. Got them a lot more organized.
So.....this is what the kid's korner now looks like:
And here's one of all the games organized on the bookshelf in the closet. Of course, you know that this meant I had to clean out the closet too.
But doesn't this all look so nice and neat? And then I made lasagna for dinner, and now this is the second blog post in two days. Like I said, the things I'll do to avoid painting!