Sunday, March 29, 2015

Grand Junction, the first day--Saturday, March 21, 2015



Last Saturday, I drove to Grand Junction to spend time with my son, his wife, and his two kids. A long drive, but totally worth it.

This is the oldest granddaughter.  She just turned 11, and I took her gift to her-- a sewing machine, a sewing box, patterns and material.  She was pleased.

She has also grown a lot!  This kid is within one or two inches of being as tall as I am.  (Totally not saying much since I am 5'2", but then again I am not 11.)



This is her 5 (soon to be 6) year old brother.  He is a handful!  I asked him if his middle name was Trouble.



His response.  "TROUBLE is NOT my middle name!"

That's his opinion, but I'm sure his mom and dad might have a different one.

After driving all day, I took the kids for a walk.  They live near the Colorado River Park, so we walked down there.

All in all, from Saturday thru Friday, I walked a total of 65,000 + steps!  That's pretty much an average of 5 miles a day for me!

More coming later.

However, I did not lose any weight.  In fact, I gained two pounds, and I blame it all on Rachel.  She's a good cook.

No comments: