Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day doings.....

Lets start with yesterday. I have been educated this weekend! I have learned several things.

1. Remember the old trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat....?? Well, Grandpa used to finish it with If you don't, I don't care, you can smell my underwear..
So, M was telling me a story about Halloween, and started singing this song. I finished it off the way Grandpa used to, and guess what? According to M "That's inappropriate!" in that many words.

2. C is in pull ups, and he is all boy. He informed me that he needed a diaper change because he was wet. So I pulled off the pull up, and he ran into the bathroom to sit on the toilet. Course, if he had done anything it would have spouted all over the bathroom because that's how it was pointed.

Instead he looks up at me, gets this big grin on his face and says "I farted!". And he's done.

3. At the zoo today, when we were done with the giraffes, M wanted to go see the gorillas and monkeys. Grandpa, pushing the stroller with both of them in it says "Great, it's all uphill."
If you have ever been to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs, you would know how ridiculous that sounded. Of course it's all uphill. The giraffes are the first thing after the entrance and the zoo is built up the side of the mountain.

Here we are entertaining the lowland gorilla.

4. The hippos were outside eating grass when we left the monkey house. I never knew how absolutely short their legs are!

See, really, really short!

After that, we tried lunch at Rudy's, a new BBQ place on Hwy 24, but the line was out the door so we went to Fatburger instead, and then to Baskin Robbins, and then home.....

I came home and cleaned stalls, then worked on the patio (and no, it's not done yet), and then vacuumed all the rugs so Grandpa could sweep and mop the floors. Busy, busy day.

2 comments:

Shamrockgirl said...

ha ha ha!! glad you had fun with the kids!

Rachel said...

Sounds like it was a blast!! Great pictures.