Sunday, August 4, 2013

August 4, 2013 Old Mesilla



While I was visiting El Paso, we went shopping in Old Mesilla.

This is a historical plaza south of Las Cruces, New Mexico, and I love to go and look around in the little shops around the plaza.  And spend money.  It's easy to do here.  This time I bought a photo at an art co-op for Mom for her birthday, a pair of copper earrings and a bracelet for me, and I found a tote bag at the same shop that I bought my purse at last year.  


Then, Mom wanted to eat at the Double Eagle (I may have the name wrong since Mom was calling it by the incorrect name and I had to look it up on the internet).  I found it, but this place isn't open until 5pm.  However, an establishment called Peppers is located in the same building and opens at 11am, so we went there.


These two places are the same place, but Peppers is located on the patio, and the Double Eagle is the more formal inside dining.  It looked to be a great destination restaurant for a date night, and when we were leaving there were some couples coming in, so I'm probably right about that.  Peppers looked like a really nice patio:


We were seated in a corner, the service was excellent, and the food was really good!

Sandy:

Mom:

Sam (who ordered the world famous giant hamburger and had to take 1/2 of it home because it was the same size as a dinner plate, and had 1 1/4 pounds of hamburger.  Did I say it was dinner plate sized?  About 9 inches in diameter, and 3-4 inches thick!).


Willow:


I will be going back to that restaurant the next time I am in El Paso for sure!!

No comments: