Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rainy Saturday

What do you do on a rainy Saturday morning? If you're not me, you would sleep in. But of course, that's exactly what I did! I didn't get up until 8 a.m., which is totally unheard of for me.

Then, after feeding the animals, late of course, it started to sprinkle. So much for working in the yard, cleaning stalls, or moving manure.

Instead of making breakfast, we decided to go to Monument to the farmers' market. So off we went! And spent too much money. But we got some goodies. Like this fresh red bell pepper that we checked out against the watercolor I did last year of peppers. Looks pretty good to me.


These are what the vegetables we got look like, fresh grown down by Lamar or Rocky Ford...
We brought home a cucumber, a zuchini squash, some summer squash, the bell pepper and something they called "sweet", suppossedly like a zuchini squash.



Next we bought some more of this fresh sausage. We've bought some every time we've gone to the farmers' market this year. So now we have vegetables for dinner, and sausage for brunch today. The sausage is made locally in Castle Rock.



Then I found a place that grows wheat, and mills it into flour. So I bought some of their chocolate chip cookie dough, because, of course, I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. (sorry, the picture didn't turn out so great, the camera couldn't find a spot to focus on.)



We bought some plants, two tomato plants and a poppy plant. Unfortunately, my little garden space is getting crowded. I've already planted lots of sunflowers, johnny jump ups, poppies, garlic and marigolds in my little space, plus a lilac plant. It's popping up with all kinds of plants, and some weeds, but I have to wait for them to grow more so I know what to pull out.




And I found Barefoot Books being sold there. So, we know what I think of kids books, and you're right, I bought some. Four to be exact. Three are paperback books that come with the music and a cd that plays the songs. So, I had to have the Knick Knack Paddy Whack one, and got more.
So much that she threw in a reusable shopping bag! I know the kids will love these books, and they are simple enough that G can read them to M and CJ.





We left the farmers' market, and went to get some coffee and hot chocolate before going home. Guess what! We found another farmer's market across from the coffee shop, so we had to stop in. Here, there was a booth roasting chili peppers, so we got some of them too!



We stopped at the library because I had a book to pick up, then we came home and made brunch. Cranberry sausage and scrambled eggs with roasted peppers! MMMmmmm, good!
Now it's time for a nap!

We are going someplace tomorrow, but I'm not going to tell you where. When I got the call and we were invited, I just said "YES, We'd love to come!"

Then I told Clyde, and all he could say was "REALLY!!?!!".........."REALLY!!??!!"...."REALLY??!!"

So he is really excited! More tomorrow.......

No comments: