Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2, 2013 Me, today

You can tell I'm getting better, although slowly.

This is not me, obviously.  I took the picture.  But it is Clyde on the new treadmill.  I go slower, and I have to keep my oxygen tube from getting tangled in this.  But I do go, sometimes two times a day.  And I'm up to 3/4 of a mile each time.


That is not fast enough for me.  I feel like I could go a lot faster, but walking is good, faster probably isn't.

Today was the first time I did two sessions of 3/4 mile each.  Total of 1.5 miles.  And my pedometer says that I have gone more that 2 miles today.  That is not hard to do since anywhere I go in the house, I have to backtrack to go anywhere else.  Like returning to the starting point, over and over and over again.  But, what the hey, walking is good.

At the doctors for the inr yesterday, the nurse told me that it would take a while for the damage from the blood clots to heal.  Unfortunately, now that they are pretty much dissolved, I am getting frustrated with not being able to do everything I want to do.

I have to look at the positive side of the blood clots.  They have slowed me down, so that the surgery can heal, and I won't have to do that again!

No comments: