Monday, August 24, 2009

Mary, Mary, quite contrary....

How does your garden grow?

Well, I'm not Mary, and I usually don't get much to grow. But this summer has been so WET, I swear I've been transported to Seattle. Yes, humid, wet, and cool for most of the summer. But here are some of my lovelies for your enjoyment:




The daisies, which I hope are going to survive the winter. I'm mulching with the horse manure to keep everything from hopefully freezing. I want more of these, they are one of my favorite flowers!



Here is an acorn squash. These grew magically when Clyde dropped some seeds from a squash we had, while he was putting stuff in the composter. He just pushed the seeds into the ground, and look what came up! I'm not sure, but it may be too late in the growing season here for these to do well, but I'll keep you posted.



And here is one of the first sunflowers. They are mostly over my head, and more are starting to bloom. While I may say that daisies are my favorite flower, I always plant lots of these. I think you could say that sunflowers are really my favorite.



And this sunflower is the prettiest I have ever seen. It's got such a lovely color, and so distinct.

We went to a horse show yesterday, now Clyde can hardly walk, Kory tried to buck him off (she hates latigo trails arena), and now he thinks his tailbone may be broken.
Oh, the moaning that is going on here!

I'll have pictures of that later.

Our watercolor class was cancelled, but Tom, the instructor, was nice enough to let us into the over filled Saturday morning class. So now we have a class on Saturday morning.

And now it's raining, again!!

1 comment:

Kent and Kim said...

Hi Aunt Susie! I love the pictures of the flowers!