Monday, August 10, 2009

A little of this, a little of that.

It's been a while since I've posted out here. No real reason, just lazy I guess. But we have accomplished a lot. We went to C's birthday party. He's 2 now!

We have been collecting seeds from all the wildflowers (weeds) along the road. Which was a good thing, because the county came thru today and mowed all the flowers down. We are going to try to grow them next year. Our garden is full of flowers, did you know that the farmer's market is a great place to get plants? Well it is. We have a poor basil plant, it's not going to survive. The poor thing was too skinny and we've been pulling off the leaves to spice up the mozarella and tomatoes that we've been eating.

Plus we've been taking lots of pictures with the new camera, only a few of which I've included here.

Here's G at the lake where we went fishing. It was a novelty for him, because he and Grandpa went and caught grasshoppers for bait. Who knew that you could use grasshoppers to fish. Of course, we had to go get him a rod and reel too, and some hooks and sinkers.

Here's princess M fishing. She and C have rods and reels that already have the fish attached. (not going to be catching anything, and M's is a pretty pink fish).

And here's a picture of princess M casting. She really has some form/technique here. And the fish went pretty far out into the lake!

Next we went and sat at a picnic table and had a picnic. These kids sure do like to eat outside. Doesn't matter what you feed them, they'll eat it outside. We usually take PB & honey sandwiches and have crystal lite drinks. They sure do like to eat that!

We were sitting at the end of the lake near the train tracks, and along came a train. It was noisy!

Mr. C had to climb up on the table to cover his ears.

The new patio is coming along. We have the railroad ties in place, and are now looking for dirt to fill it. Then sand and bricks and it'll be done. I'm sure hoping it'll be done by labor day, but Clyde hasn't found any dirt yet. And he's so lucky, I have three railroad ties left over that I can use at the bottom of the front yard to delineate the path and keep all the dirt from flowing downhill. (He's thrilled that I've thought of that! LOL!)

I have lots of flowers outside, and some of the sunflowers are taller than Clyde, but none of them have bloomed yet. I'll have to post pictures of the garden soon.

We watched Wayne's horses and Rob's horses over the weekend while they went to an Appy show. Wayne has two of the cutest little foals I have ever seen. One colt and one filly. The colt is the little brown and white one. He's friendly, and curious, and a little pushy. But we had fun with him. This is the colt.

The little filly is also an Appy, but she is solid colored. Her dam is a leopard spotted Appaloosa, quite pretty and very nice. What I liked about this filly, besides her friendliness, was how she moved. We played with her, and she has the moves of a cowhorse. She is so quick and lively. I also liked her dark coloring and the little crescent moon she has on her forehead. You can see it in this picture.

Well, now I have to go put some more blog entries together. Mustn't let so much time go by again. School starts for us next Monday, and Clyde will have some watercolors to show off!


Rachel said...

Great pictures! Sounds like you all have been having a blasts.

Miss you all!

Solitare said...

Nice pics, it sounds like fishing was a lot of fun! I am glad you are getting further along on your patio...ours is still dead grass :) We are hoping to come down for a visit soon, we'll give you a head's up to make sure it works for you. Have a great day!