Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20, 2013 What I'm currently reading

Today's topic is "currently reading". So I took a picture of what I am currently reading:



These are by no means easy reads-Mismatch is totally dry, and I've only made it into the second chapter. It is written by a progressive (liberal), Rick Sander, a white person who was a community organizer in South Chicago. This book attempts to deal with the 'racial preferences' for college admission as opposed to 'affirmative action' and why it hurts the students affected. However, what I've read so far has been interesting.

Mugged is by Ann Coulter, and I'm part way thru it.

The Financial Crises and the Free Market Cure --haven't started it yet.

How Children Succeed-  I've glanced over, and it looks very interesting.  I'm not a teacher, but I am interested in child development, and how I can encourage my grandkids.

Why these books?   I try to keep expanding my knowledge.  And my favorite authors, like Tess Gerritson, Kay Hooper, Catherine Coulter, Iris Johansen, and others, do not put out enough books to keep me busy.  Plus, their books typically end up being one day reads, they are usually real page turners.

No comments: